Chris Picton on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:19:05 +0200 (SAST)

[GLUG-chat] Distribution flamewar!

Hi all

I am looking for a fairly easily customisable distro that I can
partimage to a DVD, and restore to almost any machine.

Ie, the distro needs to do hardware detection on every boot, and needs
to handle raid/sata/scsi/ide drives etc along with sound/X windows

I could build this out of gentoo/etc, but I am looking for something
more lightweight, with less compiling required

Any ideas?