Jonathan Groll on Mon, 9 May 2011 07:49:23 +0200 (SAST)

[GLUG-tech] Re: Linkbook v101

On Sun, 8 May 2011 22:39:28 +0200, Johan Koen <johan.koen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Guys
> Can anyone help me on resetting the default account 'user' on the
> Vocam Linkbook mini-laptop please?
> I have exhausted all options and even call the technical department
> which is operating between 8-5 and They want me to send it in...and I
> don't want to.
> unfortunately you cannot boot with any other device it is hard-coded
> with OS Ubuntu 9 so yeah kind of stuck...

Hi Johan

I'd try resetting the root password by booting into single user mode,
like:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-reset-forgotten-root-password/

Can you see a grub or lilo prompt when it boots up? If you can't try
pressing the SHIFT key during boot to make the grub menu appear.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za