Alf Stockton on Wed, 9 Jul 2008 17:32:27 +0200 (SAST)

[GLUG-tech] Re: Skype & Ubuntu Hardy

Jonathan Groll wrote:
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 03:30:00PM +0200, Alf Stockton wrote:
Jonathan Groll wrote:
On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 11:50:39AM +0200, Alf Stockton wrote:
Lets first work out if the problem is skype or not. Can you record
some audio from your microphone in any other sound recording program?

This is a dual boot laptop and the headset and Skype works fine in XP.
I feel that this is purely a Ubuntu and Alf?s lack of knowledge problem.
Please do try recording audio using a *linux* sound recording program
other than skype.

OK trying to record with the Sound Recorder unfortunately achieves nothing.

So, it sounds like we must get your sound card to record first before
using skype.

Looks like this thread holds the answer for your specific card which
seems to be an ALC260:

(Good solutions near the bottom of the page)

Excellent. Thank you.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

You'll never be the man your mother was!
My email disclaimer is available at www.stockton.co.za/disclaimer.html