Brett Geer (DHL ZA) on Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:56:24 +0200 (SAST)

[GLUG-chat] Re: gzip proxy

If anyone's got HTTP/1.1 support patched into squid, please let me know how
you got that right. I have a use for it.

Personally I think that using Apache is an absolute cludge as you don't get
the fine granularity of control that squid gives you and even if you had the
Apache server do the actual fetch and hand it to a squid proxy, in between
the client and the squid host they're still stick with 1.0, which defeats
it. Unless you have squid do the fetch and Apache hand it back to the
client, that might work but if your client is sitting on your LAN and so is
your squid box, you don't get any gain.

I do see that support for 1.1 isn't too complete in the browsers, as per my
you never know what they're going to screw up next.

brett