Danie Roux on Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:45:31 (SAST)

[GLUG] Re: evolution annoyances

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:32:09PM +0200, stu wrote:
> I am running Evolution on Debian (sid). I would have unreservedly said
> that Evolution ROCKS, if it weren't for a few little irritations I've
> come across along the way.
>
> 1) after I did the most recent upgrade, I found that the font used for
> displaying the emails in my folders had changed and had become bigger.
> As a result I can see less emails per page and less of the subject.

I'm not sure this is Evolution related. Remember you are running
unstable, you can ask debian-user what's different.

> 2) I see that Evolution's handling of .signature files is as bad, if not
> worse, as Nutscrape, or maybe I'm missing the point completely. Why does
> Evolution insist on putting  -- at the top of one's signature(as does
> nutscrape).

This is an old usenet way of doing it. mutt highlights everything below
the -- as a signature for example.

Can't help you much more than that, I prefer mutt :)

Ask the Debian related questions on irc.openprojects.net channel
#debian, or the debian-user mailing list:

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix
----